The Blow-Off valve (BOV) is a pressure device on the intake tract to prevent the turbo’s compressor from going into surge. When the throttle is closed rapidly, the airflow is quickly reduced, causing flow instability and pressure fluctuations. Surge can eventually lead to thrust bearing failure due to the high loads associated with it. Blow-Off valves use a combination of manifold pressure signal and spring force to detect when the throttle is closed. When the throttle is closed rapidly, the BOV vents boost in the intake tract to atmosphere to relieve the pressure, helping to eliminate surge.
- 100% Brand New Item, Never Used or Installed
- These Blow Off Valves Are Easily Adjustable To Prevent Both Premature Boost Leakage And Compressor Surge.
- The Spring Stiffness Adjustment Screw And The Two Different Size Give The User The Option To Match Vehicle
- With Mild Upgrades To Heavily Tuned Engines.
- Oval / 2 Bolt Flange Design type.
- It Can Hold Up To 1200HP Or 25 PSI Of Boost Pressure.
- 1 x EPMAN RS Type blow off valve
- UNIVERSAL – NOT DIRECT BOLT ON – Purchasing Of Type-RS Adapter Pipe Or Welding Is Required
- Turbo Engines Only!