Wastegate provide a means to control the boost pressure of the turbo charged engine. Wastegates work to bypass exhaust flow from the turbine wheel. Bypassing the exhaust flow reduces the power driving the turbine wheel to match the power required for a given boost level. Similar to the BOV, the Wastegate uses boost pressure and spring force to regulate the flow bypassing the turbine. Wastegates are bolted to exhaust manifold or header. The advantage of external Wastegates is that the bypassed flow can be reintroduced into the exhaust stream further downstream of the turbine. This tends to improve the turbine’s performance.
- * Fits any 38mm turbo manifold wastegate port .
Specifics and Features:
- Anodized Aluminum Top Finish
- High Strength Cast Steel Pipe Body
- Fits any 38mm V-Band Wastegate Port
- Weldable Flange V-Band Flange for Dump Pipe
- Barbed / Banjo Fittings
- 14 PSI Spring Included
- Top Steel V-Band Flanges and Sealing Rings
- 1 X Wastegate